Cognitive computing and customer experience
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
With more and more digital services, it is more relevant than ever to consider a user’s intention to perform digital behaviors. Here are some key aspects to consider when structuring a mobile strategy that enhances user experience, customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty.
- The marketing manager who bets heavily on technology to enhance customer experience.
- The CEO who wants to step into a new era of customer focus.
- The Chief Technology Officer who understands the importance of customer-savvy processes.
- The managing partner of a consultancy firm who needs to advise her clients on new ways to entice customers.
- The CEO of a smaller technology company who wants to be part of a customer-driven technology stack.
how to get it and what to do with it
the tools of data science
how they work and why you need them
how to use them effectively
what skills are needed for a data scientist?
make sure everyone is on board with your vision, processes, culture, etc.
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. Is cognitive computing used to improve/enhance your risk profiling?
- We use it to process larger amounts of data more quickly and to reduce errors
- We use cognitive computing in combination with other tools to enrich the way we work with data and to reduce errors to a bare minimum
Q. Do you know how the application of risk management looks like in your organization?
- No OR only at an ad hoc basis OR we have this formally mapped out in an organizational document
- We have a generally known risk approach but have not formalized this yet
- We have a formally mapped out risk approach which is followed up on and monitored for effectiveness
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.