Database Technology and the Corporate World
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The advancement of database technology has changed the workplace drastically. This questionnaire examines the different aspects of database management, from design to security and optimization, in order to understand its impact on the corporate world.
- The IT Director who needs to convince upper-level managers about the benefits of using databases.
- The Database Administrator who is looking for ways to optimize efficiency.
- The Security Manager who needs to ensure strict security protocols are met.
- The Business Analyst looking for ways to improve workflow through the use of databases.
- The Data Architects searching for strategies to simplify database design.
Evaluating the features performance and capabilities of databases
Building a successful database infrastructure with scalability and reliability
Establishing and managing processes for effective operation
Implementing security initiatives to protect data assets
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. What have you done to define database terminology?
- Nothing, we need to improve.
- We have created a glossary of common terms.
- We have compiled detailed definitions for all related technical terms and written usage best practices.
Q. What have you done to collect requirements for database design?
- Nothing, it's an ad-hoc procedure.
- We've conducted surveys, interviews and workshops.
- We follow a structured process, utilizing mockups and prototyping.
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.