Design and implementation of patch management
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The constant appearance of new cyber threats raises the requirements for the patch management system. In addition to the need to control and maintain the list of already present vulnerabilities and the process of installing security patches, it is necessary to be able to assess the risk before the implementation of the patches and control their impact on the system.
- The company which doesn't want to handle patching manually any more.
- The CIOs who want to understand the cost of manual patching.
- The consultants who are hired by CIOs to provide the data to make informed decisions.
- The chief security officer who wants to ensure his company that the patches are applied.
- The chief information security officer who wants to know how to analyze the patch application data.
how to manage security patches
what is it and why do we need it?
how to use configuration management tools
where are the software updates stored?
when should you apply a new update?
information about available updates that can be downloaded from Microsoft Update Service Center (SUS)
description of all software installed on your computer
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. Is there a set of ICT standards that are followed in your department?
- There are general guidelines for use and work
- There are specific standards for all ICT work processes.
Q. How many new applications/systems/processes do you need to learn?
- A few (1-3)
- Many (4+)
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.