HIPAA compliance and security in the healthcare industry
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Hospitals and other healthcare organizations are under attack. The massive amount of data they handle means that any lack of security can result in massive damage – immediately and in the long term. To make things worse, every healthcare operation has to comply with HIPAA – a set of security and privacy regulations. So what can make healthcare safety a reality? A solid IT infrastructure, a security and compliance plan, and a security policy, of course.
- The information security officer who needs a quick performance overview of the organization's security posture.
- The consultant who needs to complete with a checklist in preparation for a new project.
- The manager who needs to upgrade the security of his / her devices and networks.
- The boss who wants to show to his employees that he / she has a good grasp about security.
- The IT manager who wants to get his co-workers up to date with the latest security news.
what is the right solution for you
how to keep your data safe and secure
how can we make our healthcare system better?
how do we share information securely?
How can I get my staff to use this new technology?
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece.
Q. How is the use of electronic medical records ('eMR') designed in the care process?
- Not yet OR ad hoc ("see what happens")
- Detailed design ("We plan to …")
- Formal design ("We have a full plan")
Q. To what extent are clinical notes available electronically?
- They are not electronically available
- Clinical notes are available electronically but paper still prevails
- Clinical notes are primarily electronic but there is still back-up on paper
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.