Incident management and business continuity planning
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Companies have to have an incident management and a business continuity plan in place. The good news is that there are some essential lessons for those responsible for service continuity, continuity of operations and business applications. Here are the main steps to take.
- The executive director of a holding who wants to encourage her division managers to stand on their own.
- The director of HR who needs an annual review of business risks' management.
- The CIO who needs to ensure the continuous operation of the irganization.
- The SME owner who wants to keep the business afloat at all times.
- The consulting partner who needs to address her client's approach to risk management.
what is your business continuity plan?
What to do if an incident occurs
have a contingency plan in place
What to do when you cannot recover from an incident
use alternate sites and/or redundancy
Where are you now? where are you going?
look at where you want your organization today and tomorrow
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. Is the risk assessment tested?
- No OR ad hoc
- We do a (limited) risk assessment when a business continuity plan is written
- We regularly perform an extensive risk assessment and check the implemented improvements (risk register)
Q. How are risks prioritized?
- Ad hoc; based on the gut feeling of the board of directors/risk owner(s)
- Systematically; based on an own risk analysis
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.