Negotiating Construction Contracts
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Whether you are a business owner or a board director, realising the impact of contract negotiations on construction projects is important. This questionnaire explores key terms and conditions, coverage, and drafting for successful contract negotiation.
- The Legal team that needs to present construction contracts in a clear manner.
- The Procurement department that needs to negotiate favourable outcomes
- The Risk management manager who is interested in helping his team with coverage assessments.
- Project Managers requiring resources and guidance with drafting contracts.
- Finance department to ensure there is clarity around terms and conditions.
Assessing the importance of contracts
Understanding drafting skills
Approaching regulatory requirements
Identifying suitable policy coverage
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. To what extent have you prepared for contract negotiation?
- We haven't done anything yet.
- We've assessed risks and identified stakeholders.
- We've formulated a framework and plan of action.
Q. How do you communicate with clients?
- Calls and emails only
- Regular face-to-face meetings
- Fully automated communication system
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.