Optimizing the transportation of goods
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
If you are involved in a logistics or transportation roles, you will certainly find a good use for this questionnaire. Transportation is so much more than fuel costs and delivery routing. Here’s a list of not-so-obvious items to consider when concerned with the transformation of goods.
- The supply chain manager who is concerned with optimising the delivery infrastructure.
- The routing manager who has been tasked to further optimize transportation.
- The managing partner in logistics who has been asked by her client to review transportation.
- The last mile delivery company who wants to have a checklist whether they are performing up to par.
- The equipment manufacturer who wants to understand its transportation clients.
how to optimize routes
Last mile delivery
reduce the cost of last mile delivery
Cost per unit
what is the cost of delivering a product?
can we improve driver productivity?
Vehicles and storage space
how do we increase vehicle capacity?
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. Is access to transportation optimized?
- Traffic jams are monitored
- Traffic jams are actively monitored and managed
Q. How are transportation and travel (e.g. traveling to and from work or within the organization) arranged?
- We have no policy
- Traveling is arranged ad hoc by people on their own
- People make an appointment with a travel planner who organizes travel for everyone involved
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.