The design and implementation of a data center architecture
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
We have all heard about the future of data centers and large corporations are allocating huge investments in the design and implementation of new architectures. This questionnaires touches upon important aspects of a data architectures and mentions activities that can improve your design and implementation.
- The Chief Information Officer who needs to rethink the technology architecture.
- The IT data architect who is tasked to design a new data architecture.
- The chief technology officer who needs to better understand the data layer in the technology stack.
- The managing partner of a consultancy firm who advices stands her clients on data strategy.
- The marketing officer of a technology company who needs to understand how the services fit in the overall client needs.
an overview of the components
Data center architecture
what is it and why do we need it?
Data center fabric
how does it work?
understanding network protocols, IP addressing, routing, subnets and more
how networks are built and used today
After you have downloaded this questionnaire, you can - in your Toolbox - edit, add/delete, and translate questions & answers to your liking. Clicking the "Help me PRAIORITIZE" buttons in the Toolbox activates our A.I. to help you finish your masterpiece..
Q. Is the data center architecture mapped out?
- No OR ad hoc
- Data center architecture mapped out but few customers use it (operational model)
- Data center architecture mapped out and actively used by most customers (operational model)
Q. Are the relevant components of the architecture listed?
- Not available
- Some components listed but not many application owners use them
- All relevant components are listed and widely used by application owners
If you feel you need outside support after conducting your assessment, we recommend the firms that have written the below mentioned whitepapers. Not having a paper selected does NOT mean that a firm does not give good advice.
|gx-fsi-Global IFRS Insurance Survey 2013-Key findings.pdf
- Respondent profiles for a helicopter view of your audience.
- A maturity model with which algorithms calculate a six times smarter improvement target (compared to when you leave that to a human).
- Improvement suggestions (per question) how to move from one answer to another
- Suggested follow-on projects. After all, moving your organization from A to B might require more than just doing an assessment.